Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Magic Through Her Eyes

As we were packing up to head to Florida, Brett seemed slightly amused by my excitement to return to Walt Disney World. It made me stop to think about why exactly I was so excited for this trip. For me, Florida holds so many special memories starting back when my parents first brought my brother and I there when we were eight. I remember visiting the timeshare resort that they bought in, and having so much fun riding in the limo around the resort after they purchased a unit. 23 years later we're still going back to Westgate Vacation Villas in Kissimmee and have created so many wonderful memories there with family and friends. It was also the very first vacation Brett and I took together back in 2008. With all of those wonderful memories there and more to be made with our two kids, I just couldn't wait to get back this past May.

We arrived in Florida shortly after 6pm the Saturday before Mother's Day, and after a late dinner and catching up with both sets of Grandparents at the condo we all passed out, exhausted from a long day of travelling. The next day we had a slow start, then headed down to enjoy the water park at the resort. Shipwreck Island is located inside Westgate Vacation Villas and offers a large pool with a variety of slides for kids of all ages, and on the second level you'll find the splash pad and lazy river (my favourite part). There was something for everyone, and I always enjoy the extra large drinks you can purchase at the bar! Perfect for a day relaxing by the pool! Brett made sure I had one in my hand the minute we arrived - after all, it was Mother's Day!


Florida May 2016Florida May 2016

Florida May 2016

After a day of fun in the sun, we went out to dinner and then Brett's Mom surprised us all with a ride on the Orlando Eye. Though I am not particularly fond of heights, I figured I would do fine as I had no problem riding the London Eye when I was in England. About halfway up, I learned that I now had a stronger fear of heights and had to sit in the middle of the pod with my eyes closed until we were on the opposite side on the way down. Thankfully my Dad was there to man my camera and take some photos.


Florida May 2016

Florida May 2016Florida May 2016

Florida May 2016
The last photo I snapped before I just could not take anymore...

Florida May 2016

Florida May 2016Florida May 2016

The next day we spent more time down by the pool, enjoying the water and a free lunch for owners at the resort. We played and soaked up the sun until it was time to get ready. That evening we had reservations at the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs, followed by Halle's appointment for a Princess Makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.


Florida May 2016

Florida May 2016

Florida May 2016Florida May 2016

Sadly, our little princess only wanted to be Snow White but there was a Disney-wide shortage of Snow White dresses. Her little heart was not broken for long, and she opted for an Anna dress instead, a princess I find much more fitting to our girls personality. She waited patiently for her turn and I couldn't help but smile as she sat mostly silent as her Fairy Godmother in training talked to her about all of the princesses. I found all of the ladies here so lovely to deal with and they were so fantastic with all of the little princesses, making sure to refer to them as such each time they addressed them. It is definitely the type of experience that will make any little girl feel truly special. I especially loved the book they had every princess sign after their makeover!


Florida May 2016Florida May 2016

Florida May 2016

The rest of the night we spent wandering store to store, giving Halle her first taste of Walt Disney World. She picked out a couple of toys to buy with her own money, and enjoyed riding on the carousel with my Dad and then the train on her own.


Florida May 2016

Florida May 2016

Florida May 2016

We had so much going on during this vacation, it will make for a few posts (which may be spotty with using RV Park Wi-Fi here and there). I'll do my best to share as quickly as possible. I can't wait to get to this trip and share photos from Alberta, Montana and Wyoming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment